Crispy Salmon Salad with Yoghurt Lemon Dressing
This is one of my favorite dishes for lunch when I feel like something tasty and filling, but not too heavy. I like to serve it with a slice of gluten free seed bread and butter on the side. If you want to adapt this recipe to something more substantial for dinner, add some sweet potato wedges.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- two pieces of fresh raw salmon (or store bought cooked salmon)
- 2 handfuls of butter lettuce
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 avocado pear
- two tablespoons of sesame and pumpkin seeds
- black pepper and coarse sea salt
- 6 fresh asparagus stalks
- fresh sprig of rosemary
- butter and olive oil (or ghee)
- two tablespoons of greek yoghurt
- the juice of half a lemon
- coarse salt
- 1 crushed fresh garlic clove
- three tablespoons of olive oil
1) Scoop a tablespoon each of butter and of olive oil into a medium sized pan, on medium heat. Once the lard is heated add two pieces of salmon fillets and begin to cook on both sized until well done.
2) Once the salmon is cooked throughout, add another spoonful of butter to the pan, and begin to break the salmon up into flakes.
3) Turn the heat up to high and allow the salmon flakes to become crispy and well cooked.
4) Once salmon is crispy, remove the flakes from pan ans set aside. Keep pan with lard in it for later.
5) Using the salmon pan, drizzle some olive oil into pan and once heated add asparagus stalks and toss lightly for five mins on medium heat. Keep them crunchy and not over cooked.
6) Assemble salad: place lettuce and spinach in a bowl and dice the avo and mix into lettuce bowl.
7) In a new pan, heat a few drops of olive oil and add the sesame and pumpkin seeds. Toast for a few mins on medium heat until crunchy and slightly browned. Set aside.
8) Prepare dressing: In a pesto morsel grind together the olive oil, lemon juice, yoghurt, garlic and salt.
9) Place the crispy salmon flakes in a bowl over the lettuce and spinach leaves. Mix in the asparagus and toasted seeds, and drizzle with yoghurt dressing.